Monday, February 21, 2011

New Directions, Part Three

I tweeted [that seems #weird - I'm still not used to the @concept] about my top career prospects the other day.  All are fine choices for an ENFJ fellow like myself:
  • Advertising Account Manager
  • Photographer
  • Urban & Regional Planner
  • Public Relations Director
  • Graphic Designer
  • Interior Designer
Interestingly, Social Worker was in the larger list, but it's not something I will/should pursue.  While I feel that I have the requisite levels of empathy and patience, I don't think that dispensing Bender-esque advice would be appropriate.  Regardless, that leaves some fine choices... 



I need to cut the list down to 3 selections.  Urban Planner is probably out, unless I did a Master's degree in EVDS that I've somehow forgotten about.  Interior Designer - while I think that I have a vision, I'm no Sarah Richardson.  Graphic Designer?  Hmmm.  I'll have to investigate that a bit.  At first blush I'd say no, as my best efforts in art to date involve PS tennis.  Creating visual art based on a client brief is something I might tackle in the future, but not now.

Photography.  I'm hemming and hawing.  I'd love to be the next Wilkosz + Way [or either of them], but I need soooo much practice before I could make any kind of a living selling my work.  I mostly take pictures of trees, which is cool to me, but I don't know of anyone who would pay for a print.  I think this shall remain a hobby for now, until I have mad skillz and people are begging me to capture their souls.

Thus, I have Advertising Account Manager and Public Relations Director.  Will I be spectacular at either of these?  For the sake of the bike part industry, I sure as hell hope so...

1 comment:

timmyhto said...

Interesting journey you're on