Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Felt the Cool Cool Breeze...
Taking a break post post-holing



Blowing cool off Lake Louise...
In the trees just on the rider's left of the Ptarmigan chair
Ah, Louise.  When it's good, it's good.  So much has changed over the years.  I fondly recall the opening of the Lodge of the Ten Peaks, hanging out with my friends in there during the many, many days we skipped classes to head to the hills.  I can't remember the first time I rode the Eagle Trees - I don't know who first convinced me to dive into the stands of pine and larch, but I owe them a hug and a drink.  There have been days where I've taken first chair on Glacier up, pinned it to the slow double and not come down until after the patrol made their sweep.

Now, the Eagle's wings have been clipped.  [insert sad face] The towers are still there, but the chairs are gone.  Maybe Charlie will bring it back to life someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: